Re: Time problems after suspend

On Fri, Dec 24, 1999 at 11:33:14AM +0100, Wouter Hanegraaff wrote:
> The hwclock script delivered with apmd only looks at the hardware clock
> on resume. Shouldn't it also write the hardware clock on suspend? in
> other words, replace the script with:
>
> #!/bin/sh
> # Set and adjust system and cmos clock
>
> case "$1" in
> suspend) /etc/init.d/hwclock.sh stop
>         ;;
> resume) /etc/init.d/hwclock.sh start
>         ;;
> *) echo " usage: hwclock (suspend|resume)
>         ;;
> esac
> exit 0

I agree with you, but I know some people don't like to write the
hardware clock on shutdown or suspend; perhaps the apm package
maintainer thinks this way.  Anyway, with your script the system will do
the same thing when init/resume or shutdown/suspend.

> One last thing I don't understand: Where is apmd's config file? I read
> apmd's configuration is determined at compile time, which is not very
> flexible. Why is that? Is there a better solution?

I don't know for sure, but what do you want to configure?. You can use
some options on the command line, and you can do some things changing
the /etc/apm/apmd_proxy script; take a look at this file and the apmd
manual page.

--
David