Re: Debian Slink on Toshiba 2100CDS X-Screen update

On Thu, Dec 23, 1999 at 10:47:46PM +0100, David Reviejo wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 23, 1999 at 03:45:19AM +0000, Ruben Leote Mendes wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, Dec 21, 1999 at 08:47:21AM +0100, Ries van Twisk wrote:
> > > I'm now using the SVGA server, but when I move a window
> > > (afterstep window manager) I see copy's of that one all over me screen
> > > intill I release the moved window.
>
> I have the very same problem with my Satellite 2540CDS; it's strange,
> but looking for help at "Linux on Laptops" I only found two guys with
> this problem (and there are many Toshiba laptops pages!), but no
> explication or complete solution for this.
>
> I don't know if this is a problem with the video chipset (S3 Virge MX)
> because IIRC one laptop had another one; anyway, I only see reports on
> laptops with STN displays, not for TFT.

I have a Toshiba 490CDT with the same chipset (S3 ViRGE MX).  I don't get
that problem moving windows around.  I'm using Enlightenment.

I do find the whole display goes crazy if the video mode is changed using
the function keys (I'm not sure exactly which ones), or when I resume a
session after suspending it.  In this case I've had to execute xvidtune to
restore the display (and I wish I knew how to to this automatically when
resuming).

Does xvidtune help with your problem?

Drew