Re: IBM Thinkpad or a Toshiba?

>> would you mind giving some specific details on what you mean by "sound
>> does't work properly [on a neomagic chipset]"?
>
>i've had reports from about 6 other people of the same thing.  basically
>sound works fine until you suspend/hibernate/save to disk.  after that it
>just doesn't work right.  either you get no sound at all, or it stutters
>like a skipping record.  the error it reports is:
>
>Sep  8 19:16:48 heyzeus kernel: Sound: DMA (output) timed out - IRQ/DRQ config error?
>
>reboot and it works just fine.

The solution is to make the sound driver a module, and then have the
/etc/apm/apmd_proxy script do an rmmod and a modprobe for the module (thus
re-initialising the sound).
I'm running a June 1998 Thinkpad 380 with Crystal sound.  The sound card worked
OK with SoundBlaster drivers (but didn't allow recording).  With Crystal
drivers it allows recording but must be reloaded on resume.  It's working well
now.

--
I'm in Utrecht.  I'd like to meet any Linux users in the area, or any other
part of the Netherlands.