Re: IBM Thinkpad or a Toshiba?

>> mouse.  The only drawback so far is the apm - suspend works, but not
>> hibernate; and suspend is only good for about 8 hours before the battery
>> runs out.
>
>hrm, mine is the other way around.  nothing works reliably for me but save
>to disk.  save to disk always works but neither suspend or hibernate work
>reliably.  sometimes they don't recover, sometimes they work fine, sometimes
>X changed to 480x320 and i have to exit and restart X.

What exactly do you mean by suspend and hibernate here?  Usually hibernate
means saving to disk.
I've never had any problems with any sort of suspend or hibernation on my
ThinkPad 380.
If X changed settings then you could probably just change to a different VT and
change back again.  That's worked for me on other computers with graphics
problems.

--
I'm in Utrecht.  I'd like to meet any Linux users in the area, or any other
part of the Netherlands.