Re: Missing Time (There be Aliens?)

Hi,

I have been using different flavours of Linux on all sorts of laptops, but
there was never (well, hardly ever ;--) a problem with clock times or
suspend modes, when
a) the kernel was build supporting power management
b) an apmd was running,
as was pointed out by different people on this list, already.

On newer machines and kernels (I'm currently running a Thinkpad600), I
found that the apmd won't be necessary - linux has now enough APM magic
built in to suit at least my needs. :-)

In either case, something should tell the hardware clock what to do before
and after a suspend / hibernation. If you're lucky, the kernel APM stuff
suffices. Else you could give the apmd a try.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Stefan

If you like, here are the APM settings of my (somewhat out of date) 2.2.1
kernel:

CONFIG_APM=y
# CONFIG_APM_IGNORE_USER_SUSPEND is not set
CONFIG_APM_DO_ENABLE=y
# CONFIG_APM_CPU_IDLE is not set
# CONFIG_APM_DISPLAY_BLANK is not set
CONFIG_APM_POWER_OFF=y