Re: Suspend Mode

>> >http://gamgee.acad.emich.edu/~roth/EXTENSA/suspend.html
>> >
>> >I got the command:
>> >
>> >     hdparm -m16 -c1 -u1 /dev/hda
>>
>> I expect that the -m16 has no impact.  The -u1 (unmasking IRQs) is a
>
>Hi,
>and no, the -m16 is needed (at least on my Acer Extensa 355). It allows
>the BIOS to flush the RAM to the harddisk (I am not sure, but I think it
>enables multiple writes). I recommend to only set this if you experiment
>with your suspend mode and then advance further.

It enables multi-mode.  This means transferring multiple sectors in one
operation.  I was under the impression that the -m option would only affect
what the Linux device driver does, not the hardware.  I'll have to look through
the source tonight and see what it does.

--
I'm in Utrecht.  I'd like to meet any Linux users in the area, or any other
part of the Netherlands.