Re: Request for resolving situation(kn_IN)

On 13/03/2008, Hari Prasad Nadig <hpnadig@gmail.com> wrote:

On Thu, 2008-03-13 at 19:03 +0530, Hari Prasad Nadig wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-03-13 at 13:48 +0100, Claude Paroz wrote:
>
> > I cannot see any optimal solution to this problem.
> > One solution could be to divide the remaining work, and announce to the
> > current coordinator the particular packages on which you want to work.
> > You should then only open these packages for translation in your Web
> > tool. When you're done, you send the po files to the coordinator (or
> > commit if you get the permissions), and then announce another set of
> > packages on which you'd like to work on in your team.
>
> This would be quite complex, considering that there are also other teams
> translating GNOME (Sampada community, CDAC and people contributing at
> launchpad).
>
> I'm personally against making Vikram the coordinator since we've seen
> him desperately copy translations from elsewhere to apparently 'become
> coordinator'. The issue has been discussed before on the same list:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/gnome-i18n@gnome.org/msg06252.html

Sorry, here it is from the list archive:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-i18n/2007-May/msg00016.html

If one looks closely at the mail in the link one will find "True, I do not think that duplication of work is necessary.  But I do feel that the glossary should have been committed earlier in order to enable others to use it. No one should be forced us to reinvent the wheel. "
Linking this with the issue that the bulk of the commits were done in the last ~one month my argument stands.
--
Vikram Vincent
+919448810822