Re: Request for resolving situation(kn_IN)

On Thu, 2008-03-13 at 13:48 +0100, Claude Paroz wrote:

> I cannot see any optimal solution to this problem.
> One solution could be to divide the remaining work, and announce to the
> current coordinator the particular packages on which you want to work.
> You should then only open these packages for translation in your Web
> tool. When you're done, you send the po files to the coordinator (or
> commit if you get the permissions), and then announce another set of
> packages on which you'd like to work on in your team.

This would be quite complex, considering that there are also other teams
translating GNOME (Sampada community, CDAC and people contributing at
launchpad).

I'm personally against making Vikram the coordinator since we've seen
him desperately copy translations from elsewhere to apparently 'become
coordinator'. The issue has been discussed before on the same list:
http://www.mail-archive.com/gnome-i18n@gnome.org/msg06252.html

 - Hari Prasad