Re: Der Einfall der DebConf

On 07/27/2012 06:30 PM, Marc Haber wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 06:03:06PM +0200, Ana Guerrero wrote:
>> Because she's an experienced translator in Debian who is sharing her
>> experience in how to make things better?
>
> "Good" is not what I would say about the German translations of
> software, for example Debconf templates, in Debian. I am a native
> speaker of German, and all my Debian systems run with an "en" locale,
> for a reason.
>
> Unfortunately, the German translators (the people who invented pearls
> like "SMTP-Sendezentrale"[1]) in Debian are fully convinced that
> they're doing the right thing, so I have given up argueing.
>
> "Der Einfall der DebConf" is really really embarrassing.

Fascinating thread. While I would have preferred something like
"zieht nach", trying to keep the original co-notation of moving
towards some new promising grounds in no-man's or Windows' land,
the "Einfall" is not a complete catastrophe, albeit unfortunate.
Most certainly it was not meant any badly. Be nice and do not
"herfallen" over each other.

Peace!

Steffen