Re: Der Einfall der DebConf

[ Gaudenz points to a mistranslated phrase in the German DebConf Ends
  announcement; the wording sounds more like a military invasion ]
[ Added -publicty to CC to inform them; I guess further discussion
  doesn't need to be handled there ]

Hi!

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 01:23:24PM +0200, Gaudenz Steinlin wrote:

> Ein Kollege hat mich heute auf den Titel der neuste Nachricht auf der
> Debian
> Webseite aufmerksam gemacht. In meinen Ohren hört sich der Titel
> "DebConf fällt in Zentralamerika ein" eher nach Krieg als nach einer
> friedlichen Debian Konferenz an. [..]

Thanks to zobel, that got already fixed as proposed in webwml and should
be online soonish.  So please keep that in mind, should that been send
to the german news list.

Beeing a native German speaker, I can't really understand why it was
translated that way.  To avoid further "mistranslations" I temporarily
revoked Erik's commit access, untill we discussed how errors like that
can be prevented for future announcements.

Best regards,
  Alexander