Re: Next release of manpages-l10n

Le 14/02/2020 à 06:45, Mario Blättermann a écrit :
Hello Jean-Philippe,

Jean-Philippe MENGUAL <jpmengual@debian.org <mailto:jpmengual@debian.org>> schrieb am Fr., 14. Feb. 2020, 00:02:

    Hi,

    schrieb am Di., 11. Feb. 2020, 01:15:

     >     Hi,
     >
     >     Great news, congrats! I am happy to see this package alive.
     >
     >     Who can push in the fr subdir of the tree? Can we add people
    manually,
     >     even if not DDs? Some of the most important French
    translators are not
     >     DDs, but would make sense they can push the translations to fr.
     >

     > No problem, people without a DD account can simply create a guest
     > developer account at [1] and then apply for membership at [2]. All
     > project members registered as "maintainer" (you too) are then
    allowed to
     > accept the new translators.

    Ok perfect, the relevant persons were added.

Are you sure you did it right...? I don't see any new members in manpages-l10n.

jipege seems to be in, tvincent did it

Further question: once everything is translated (ok not today but it is to make easier the answer), how will we be informed of updates needing translation updates? Thomas mentioned: https://manpages-l10n-team.pages.debian.net/manpages-l10n/debian-unstable-fr.html
but it is only for man1 right?

Who generates the po/fr/* files to be updated from some English changes?

Thanks for these explanation about the project management

Best regards

Best Regards,
Mario

     > But note: Never commit anything outside of your own directory
    (po/fr/ in
     > your case) without discussing the change with us, unless our scripts
     > change something in templates/ or wherever else. Another
    exception are
     > the localized files in public/ (which feed the status pages), if you
     > found some wrong translation there.

    ok no problem, I will follow what the French team will say from their
    experience and in case of doubt, will ask here

    Sincerely

    <https://signup.salsa.debian.org/> <https://signup.salsa.debian.org/