Re: dpkg 1.16.7: Please update the PO translation for the package dpkg

On Wed, 2012-07-18 at 21:15:14 -0300, Felipe Castro wrote:
> Uff, sorry, I mixed English with Esperanto... Again:

Heh, no problem.

> ...maybe it could be better translated simply removing the POSIX-
> prefix which I used. So
> epoch ==> dato
>
> dato is "date", in the timing sense...

Epoch is the stuff used on Debian versions to mark a new versioning
scheme, the general form is “epoch:version-revision”, so if you have
1.0-1 and then on the next release the versioning changes to let's say
0.10.0, but still that should be considered a later version, then one
would use 1:0.10.0. So while I guess you could translate epoch to dato
it seems there could be some more appropriate translation for that which
does not really denote literal time. Wouldn't “epoko” just do it?

thanks,
guillem