Re: Please review changes DebConf template for package italc

Mike Gabriel wrote:
>>  For the desktop session to be controlled via iTALC, the iTALC client
>>  applet needs to be running, listening on a TCP/IP socket for authorized
>>  VNC-like connections from the iTALC master.
>>  .
>>  It can be configured to start automatically on desktop session startup,
>>  but for security reasons this is not the default.
>
> This one looks good, I have to add a bit more information:
>
> """
>  For the desktop session to be controlled via iTALC, the iTALC client
>  applet needs to be running, listening on a TCP/IP socket for authorized
>  VNC-like connections from the iTALC master application.
>   .
>  It can be configured to start automatically on desktop session startup,
>  but for security reasons this is not the default.
>  .
>  Remember that the iTALC client applet will only launch for users that are
>  member of the iTALC student group.
> """

There's a whitespace error on that first "." line.

> In your proposal I added one word ("iTALC master" -> iTALC master
> application").

I don't see why that's needed - if it's a daemon, why call it an
application?  And why talk about the software at all when the
connection comes from a machine that we can call the "iTALC master"?

> And I feel that I need to add that last sentence (it's on the last
> DebConf screen). If users are not in that iTALC student group, iTALC
> won't work.
>
> Is that last sentence ok from your perspective? The information
> about that necessary group membership has been given on a previous
> DebConf screen (quoted below).

There is a slight grammatical error: "users that are member" should be
"users that are members".

I could probably cram that information into the previous paragraph:

   It can be configured to start automatically on desktop session startup
   (for users that are members of the iTALC student group), but for
   security reasons this is not the default.

This might be getting too compressed, though.

> """
>  Please specify the group name for iTALC students.
>  .
>  The iTALC client only starts for users who are members of this group.
>  .
>  If you leave this empty, the "root" group will be used.
> """
>
> About the error message DebConf screen, see my reply to Christian's
> earlier mail.

Yes, that looks good.