Re: Please review changes DebConf template for package italc

Mike Gabriel wrote:
> +
> +Template: italc-client/autostart-on-login
> +Type: boolean
> +Default: false
> + On each machine controlled via iTALC, the iTALC client applet has
> to be started
> + after desktop session startup.

If the client doesn't get started, is it appropriate to call it a
machine controlled via iTALC?

> + .
> + With this configuration step, you can configure system-wide to
> start the iTALC
> + client applet automatically on desktop session startup.

With what configuration step?  And when can I configure it?  Do you
mean "if you answer yes, the configuring will be done automatically"?

"You can configure to start the applet" is strange word-order.

> + .
> + When started, the iTALC client applet will open a TCP/IP listening socket
> + and wait for authorized VNC-like connections from the iTALC master
> application.
> + .
> + For security reasons, the default is not to start the iTALC client applet
> + automatically.

It also all feels a bit repetitive.  How about:

  For the desktop session to be controlled via iTALC, the iTALC client
  applet needs to be running, listening on a TCP/IP socket for authorized
  VNC-like connections from the iTALC master.
  .
  It can be configured to start automatically on desktop session startup,
  but for security reasons this is not the default.

> (2)
[...]
> +Template: italc-client/no-such-group
> +Type: text
> + The given group does not exist on your system. Please specify the name of
> + a group that does exist on your system.
> + .
> + Try again...
> +

There are strict regulations about question marks, but I don't know if
we've got any rules about exclamation marks and trailing ellipses.  I
would probably recommend ending with just:

 Please try again.

Oh, checking DevRef I see (6.5.3.1.7) that the rule for "Type: text"
is "This type is now considered obsolete: don't use it."  Maybe it
should be "Type: error"?