Re: Review request for apt-listbugs template po file

On Sun, 9 Sep 2012 22:32:44 +0100 Justin B Rye wrote:

> Francesco Poli wrote:
> > [...]
> >
> > Wow, that's a major rewrite of part of the man page!
> > Do you release it under the same license terms as apt-listbugs (GPLv2
> > or later [1])?
>
> Sure, this and any other material I contribute.

Thank you so much, your contribution is really appreciated!

> Maybe I ought to have
> some sort of default licensing statement in my mailheaders, if only I
> could think of something clear and concise enough.

I think it's better to explicitly say that, rather than relying on some
boilerplate text that one will sooner or later even forget of having
inserted...

> > I will think about it and I will probably fix it, sooner or later (but
> > I don't know whether such a change is acceptable during a freeze... so
> > maybe later).
>
> A man page rewrite is enough to be getting on with; any changes in
> behaviour (and don't forget the naming of the --stats option!) can
> wait.

Yes, I agree.
I will prepare a two-step plan: enhance (non-internationalized)
documentation now, wait until wheezy is out before fixing behavioral
bugs and changing translatable strings.

> Which is the "fixed" state checking for, though - a tag or some other
> feature?  http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Developer doesn't say anything
> about the "fixed" tag being obsolete - it just says that it replaces
> "the old _fixed_ severity".  And then again there's the server-control
> command "fixed <bugnumber> <version>"...

As I said, I think it corresponds to the "fixed" tag: see the
git-extras example in my previous message (in this same sub-thread).

--
 http://www.inventati.org/frx/frx-gpg-key-transition-2010.txt
 New GnuPG key, see the transition document!