Re: [RFR] templates://tgif/{tgif.templates}

Carlo Segre wrote:
> Christian PERRIER wrote:
>> Not if Choices-C is used as I mentioned in my previous post.
>>
>> This is exactly the point of Choices-C-->have values that will be the
>> ones returned by debconf....but allowing a different "English
>> translation" of these values.
>
> I see, my ignorance.  Then OK with me.

Where does this leave us?  If we're changing the choices, I'd still
prefer to see them changed to the actual names of the grid units in
question, which for a start reduces the need for comments:

 Template: tgif/gridunits
 Type: select
 __Choices: Centimetres, Inches
 Choices-C: Metric, Imperial
 Default: Metric
  Please select the units to be used by Tgif when rendering the grid. This will
  also determine the scaling when the snap-to-grid option is turned on.

(Or is it "Default: Centimetres"?)

Alternatively here's a slight reshuffle of Christian's version:

 Template: tgif/gridunits
 Type: select
 #flag:comment:2
 # Translators: "Imperial units" are the legacy measurement system of the
 # former British Empire; Tgif uses "Imperial" to mean "in inches".
 # Unfortunately most people who want inches will be in the US, using a
 # slightly different system, and may not recognise it by this name.
 __Choices: Metric, US customary/Imperial system
 Choices-C: Metric, Imperial
 Default: Metric
  Please select the units to be used by Tgif when rendering the grid. This will
  also determine the scaling when the snap-to-grid option is turned on.

This may or may not be enough to make things clear to the many
Americans who seem to think the system is called "English units".
Of course strictly speaking even "Metric" is an obsolete name...

Meanwhile in the control file I'm currently trying to improve on:

  Tgif (originally the "Tangram Graphic Interface Facility") is a
  classic drawing program for 2D vector graphics. Image objects can
  be hierarchically constructed out of primitives such as polygons,
  text, and splines (though the splines Tgif draws are not Bézier
  curves).
  .
  It natively supports PostScript formats suitable for LaTeX, as well
  as X11 bitmap or (version 1) pixmap formats. Other vector and raster
  image formats such as SVG and PNG can be handled via filters.
  .
  Tgif stores drawings as .obj files and individual building-block
  objects as .sym files, both in Prolog-compatible fact file format.

(I've crammed in an "XPMv1" reference, dropped a repeat of "Tgif",
and added a space in "fact file".)