Re: [RFR] templates://tgif/{tgif.templates}

Quoting Carlo Segre (segre@iit.edu):

> Hi Christian:
>
> On Sun, 2 Jan 2011, Christian PERRIER wrote:
>

> >Seriously speaking, I think that:
> >
> >__Choices: Metric, Imperial/US
> >
> >would be better. However, one needs to check how it is dealt with in
> >tgif's config file. If the debconf value is just put as is, it means
> >that "Imperial" is hardcoded in the software's code, so we shouldn't
> >change things or we'd have to use:
> >
> >__Choices: Metric, Imperial/US
> >Choices-C: Metric, Imperial
> >

> The postinst script appends this value to the
> /etc/X11/app-defaults/Tgif file in the form of a line which reads
>
> Tgif*GridSystem: Metric
> Tgif*GridSystem: Imperial
>
> Therefore, changing the option to Imperial/US will necessitate a
> rewrite of the postinst script.  Of course I can do this if

Not if Choices-C is used as I mentioned in my previous post.

This is exactly the point of Choices-C-->have values that will be the
ones returned by debconf....but allowing a different "English
translation" of these values.