Re: Please review vidalia debconf template

Christian PERRIER wrote:
> Quoting Dererk (dererk@debian.org):
>> * Stop Tor once: stop Tor now so Vidalia can start it, just for this time,
>> Tor will start by it's own on next reboot and manual configuration
>>  will be further required;

Oh, right!  What a strange option.

>> * Stop Tor forever: stop Tor and simply let Vidalia start it
>> whenever you run Vidalia.

That's not very "forever".  Maybe it'll never again run
"/etc/init.d/tor start", but it'll certainly get started.

It also might be a good idea to reimport the bit I dropped about
this being "(not usable on a multi-user system)".

> Template: vidalia/tor-daemon-interaction
> Type: select
> Choices-C: nothing, stop-once, stop-forever
> __Choices: No Configuration, Stop Tor once, Stop Tor forever
> Default: stop-forever

It turns out none of the options involve scheduling any future
restarts.  Maybe it needs to go back to something like

>  Vidalia needs to communicate with the running Tor daemon so that it
>  can provide a graphical user interface for it. This requires either
>  the manual reconfiguration of Tor to allow a secure authentication
>  (recommended) or a restart of Tor under Vidalia's control.

I'm not sure about "to allow a secure authentication".  I don't
think it's wrong, but dropping the "a" seems more idiomatic.

>   * No configuration: leave Tor running for now. Vidalia will not be
>     able to communicate with it until manually reconfigured -

Perhaps this should be "with Tor until it is manually reconfigured -"

>     see "/usr/share/doc/vidalia/README.Debian" for more details;
>   * Stop Tor once: stop Tor now so Vidalia can start it, just for this time,
>     Tor will start by it's own on next reboot and manual configuration
>     will be further required;

Maybe:
    * One-off restart: stop Tor now so Vidalia can start it, just this once -
      Tor will start by itself on next reboot, so manual configuration will
      still be required;

(Or "on its own", beware apostrophe.)

>   * Stop Tor forever: stop Tor and simply let Vidalia start it
>     whenever you run Vidalia.

Maybe:
    * Permanent takeover: stop Tor and simply let Vidalia handle starting it
      whenever you run Vidalia (not usable on a multi-user system).

(Or reformat the indents throughout, but this version was easier to
edit.)