Re: [RFR] templates://lynx-cur/{templates}

Esko Arajärvi wrote:
> Well, can't we parse LANG and match PREFERRED_LANGUAGE to it at least in Debian?
> Why do we need wrapper package for this?
> I really don't know what we should do with the character set issue.

For westerners, setting LOCALE_CHARSET to TRUE seems sensible; for
CJKers I'm not so sure.  It's just occurred to me that there _is_ an
alternative to the approach of shipping one configfile per language:

[ X$LANG = X ] && exec lynx.real
# and set other variables if LL=ja/ko/zh?
export LYNX_CFG
cat > $LYNX_CFG <<EOT
# plus any CJK-dependent variables
exec lynx.real

That's really hackish, but at least it's a hack that clearly doesn't
deserve an entire package of its own.