Re: [ITR] templates://gpsd/{gpsd.templates}

Justin B Rye wrote:
> Bernd Zeimetz wrote:
>>>   Package: libgps18
>>> [...]
>>>  + This package provides libgps, a C service library for querying GPS
>>>  + devices. It supports both a low-level interface, which communicates
>>>  + directly with the device to which the GPS is connected, and a high-level
>>>  + interface, which goes through gpsd and is intended for concurrent use by
>>>  + several applications.
>> Good idea. Actually it would also make sense to add a sence about the included
>> c++ library, like:
>> libgpsmm is included as binding for c++ to libgps.
>> Guess you have a better idea for a useful sentence :)
> I suppose to avoid initial lowercase:
>   It also includes the C++ binding, libgpsmm.
> But does it?  I only see libgps.so.18.0.0:
>  http://packages.debian.org/sid/i386/libgps18/filelist
> If so, does this mean the short description should refer to
> "libraries", plural?

Actually I was a bit confused, the cpp part is linked into libgps. Instead it
would probably make sense to add a line about cpp support to libgps-dev.

Also I decided to add a -dbg package with the next upload - my idea of the
description was:

 The gpsd service daemon can monitor one or more GPS devices connected to
 a host computer, making all data on the location and movements of the
 sensors available to be queried on TCP port 2947.
 This package contains the detached debug symbols for gpsd, gpsd-clients,
 python-gps and libgps18.

Please take a look at it :)

 Bernd Zeimetz                             Debian GNU/Linux Developer
 GPG Fingerprints: 06C8 C9A2 EAAD E37E 5B2C BE93 067A AD04 C93B FF79
                   ECA1 E3F2 8E11 2432 D485 DD95 EB36 171A 6FF9 435F