Re: [ITR] templates://gpsd/{gpsd.templates}

Christian Perrier wrote:
> Here's a review.

An extra comment on Template: gpsd/device:
>   Multiple devices may be specified as a space-separated list.
>   Leave empty if you don't want to connect gpsd to a device on boot or if you

    Leave it empty if you don't want to connect gpsd to a device on boot or if you

(Full sentence.)

In gpsd/daemon_options:
> - By default -F /var/run/gpsd.sock will be added if not specified otherwise.
> + By default, "-F /var/run/gpsd.sock" will be added if not specified otherwise.
>
> quote the added part.

Two incompatible passive constructions... why not just:

   The default is to add "-F /var/run/gpsd.sock".

(Or nothing at all, come to that - doesn't the default answer
normally get displayed as the initial contents of the text box?)

In gpsd/autodetection:
> + As gpsd only handles GPS devices, it is safe to choose this option.
> + You can however disable it in case gpsd is causing interference with other
    However, you can disable it if gpsd is causing interference with other

Should I review the package descriptions in the control file too?
If it's unchanged from 2.39, I can see a few places where I'd change
"GPSes" to "GPS devices", one definite typo ("conntect"), some
awkward phrasings ("There are two interfaces supported by it"), a
couple of misindented lists...
--
JBR
Ankh kak! (Ancient Egyptian blessing)