Re: [RFR] templates://tipcutils/{templates}

Martin Peylo wrote:
> Justin B Rye wrote:
>>    This package provides tools and scripts to configure and manage the TIPC
>>    Linux kernel module, used for Transparent Inter Process Communication
>>    within clusters.
>
> The version number is required as this version of tipc-config is
> (said by the developers to be) not compatible with TIPC 1.7. While it
> is not be that much of a problem so far since one has to do some
> extra work to have TIPC 1.7 installed, it will be upgraded in the
> Kernel within the next year. I'm still not sure how to cope with that
> but I fear, there has to be an extra package for tipcutils 1.1.x.
> I'll have to check if it is possible to make it downwards compatible
> but let's assume for now that it is not.
>
> What about something like:
>
>   This package provides tools and scripts to configure and manage the TIPC
>   1.6 (Transparent Inter Process Communication) kernel module.

This ordering seems to imply that 1.6 is part of the initialism
being expanded.

    This package provides tools and scripts to configure and manage
    version 1.6 of the TIPC (Transparent Inter Process Communication)
    kernel module.

>   TIPC is designed for use in clustered computer environments, allowing to
>   create applications that can communicate quickly and reliably with other
>   applications regardless of their location within the cluster.

It's "allow something" or "allow somebody to do something", never
"allow to do something":

    TIPC is designed for use in clustered computer environments, allowing
    the creation of applications that can communicate with one another
    quickly and reliably regardless of their location within the cluster.

(Also avoiding repetition of "application", and minor reshuffling to
fit.)

>   The TIPC 1.6 kernel module is included in the offical kernel since version
>   2.6.16. Please note that this version is not compatible with TIPC 1.7.

We keep saying "kernel" and not mentioning "Linux".  Using the word
here would clarify the sense in which it's offical^H^Hial:

    The TIPC 1.6 module has been included in the official Linux kernel
    since version 2.6.16. Please note that this version is not compatible
    with TIPC 1.7.

(Also changing s/is/has been/)