Re: [RFR] templates://tipcutils/{templates}

Martin Peylo wrote:
> While you're right about the installing "by accident", the user
> should be able to decide if he wants have the node configured by the
> scripts or manually. What about something like:

I'll stay out of this debconf policy question and just review the
text.  Apologies for my ignorance of TIPC!

>   Do you want to configure TIPC now?
>   .
>   In case you want to configure the node manually, please edit
>   '/etc/default/tipc'. You can also use the command line tool
>   'tipc-config' to change the TIPC runtime settings.

Beware of "in case" meaning "if" (many English-speakers use it like
that, but others reserve it for "unconditionally lest").  In fact
there's no need for either.

    Should TIPC be configured automatically?
    .
    To configure the node manually, edit '/etc/default/tipc'. To
    change runtime TIPC settings, use the command line tool
    'tipc-config'.

Wait, I wrote that assuming tipc-config could *re*configure a node
(that is, change its settings during runtime), but tipc-config(8)
says "There is no way to unconfigure a TIPC node once set up other
than unloading the kernel module."  I'm unsure now - if I set up
/etc/default/tipc and let it configure a node, will I "also" be able
to use tipc-config?