Re: [RFR] templates://auctex/{auctex/templates}

Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org> wrote:

> I therefore suggest we focus back on the binary packages descriptions
> and decide whether the attached file is correct or not.

Yes, and take my apologies for not reading the description of
preview-latex-style with a clear mind in the first place.

Package: preview-latex-style
Architecture: all
Depends: tex-common
Recommends: doc-base
Conflicts: preview-latex (<=0.7.3-2)
Homepage: http://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/preview-latex.html
- This package provides style files that enable previewing of equations,
- figures or other LaTeX environments. It combines folding with in-source
- previewing to give a true WYSIWYG experience in the source buffer
- without sacrificing control. This utility comes with its own manual.
+ The purpose of the preview package is the extraction of selected
+ elements from a LaTeX source, like formulas or graphics, into separate
+ pages of a DVI file.  A flexible and convenient interface allows it to
+ specify what commands and constructs should be extracted.  This works
+ with DVI files postprocessed by either Dvips and Ghostscript or
+ dvipng, but it also works when you are using PDFTeX for generating PDF
+ files.
+
+ Current uses of the package include the preview-latex package for
+ WYSIWYG functionality in the AUCTeX editing environment, generation of
+ previews in LyX, as part of the operation of the ps4pdf and pst-pdf
+ packages, the tbook XML system and some other tools.

Regards, Frank

--
Frank Küster
Debian Developer (teTeX/TeXLive)