Re: [RFR] templates://auctex/{auctex/templates}

Justin B Rye <jbr@edlug.org.uk> wrote:

> Frank Küster wrote:
>>> I don't see how these can both be right.  It (a) exists to allow
>>> previewing in Emacs but (b) doesn't need to suggest any emacsen?
>>
>> Yes, both are corret. It (a) was created because someone wanted
>> previewing in Emacs, but (b) it can do much more, even things completely
>> unrelated to Emacs. For previewing, you need images of parts of your
>> typeset document, but with this kind of images you can do much more.
>
> The README calls Emacs-embedded use of p-l-s their "primary focus".
> In theory I could be editing my files in nano-tiny, invoking TeX on
> the commandline, and printing the output PDFs, but I'd be missing
> out on the functionality advertised in the package's current
> one-line synopsis.  Compare the definition of Suggests:

I'm not sure what you are arguing about.  preview-latex-style could well
deserve a

Enhances: emacsen, texlive-latex-base

but I don't see why it should declare a Depends, Recommends or Suggest
for emacs, or auctex.  auctex does depend on it already.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster
Debian Developer (teTeX/TeXLive)