Re: [RFR] templates://auctex/{auctex/templates}

Frank Küster wrote:
> Justin B Rye <jbr@edlug.org.uk> wrote:
>> The README calls Emacs-embedded use of p-l-s their "primary focus".
>> In theory I could be editing my files in nano-tiny, invoking TeX on
>> the commandline, and printing the output PDFs, but I'd be missing
>> out on the functionality advertised in the package's current
>> one-line synopsis.  Compare the definition of Suggests:
>
> I'm not sure what you are arguing about.  preview-latex-style could well
> deserve a
>
> Enhances: emacsen, texlive-latex-base
>
> but I don't see why it should declare a Depends, Recommends or Suggest
> for emacs, or auctex.  auctex does depend on it already.

There's no dependency chain from preview-latex-style to auctex.  Its
dependencies are "Depends: tex-common", "Recommends: doc-base", and
"Conflicts: preview-latex (<=0.7.3-2)".  No auctex.

And even if we added a dependency from preview-latex-style to
auctex, that wouldn't give it the appropriate Suggests: on emacs.
--
JBR
Ankh kak! (Ancient Egyptian blessing)