Re: [RFR] templates://auctex/{auctex/templates}

Frank Küster wrote:
>> I don't see how these can both be right.  It (a) exists to allow
>> previewing in Emacs but (b) doesn't need to suggest any emacsen?
>
> Yes, both are corret. It (a) was created because someone wanted
> previewing in Emacs, but (b) it can do much more, even things completely
> unrelated to Emacs. For previewing, you need images of parts of your
> typeset document, but with this kind of images you can do much more.

The README calls Emacs-embedded use of p-l-s their "primary focus".
In theory I could be editing my files in nano-tiny, invoking TeX on
the commandline, and printing the output PDFs, but I'd be missing
out on the functionality advertised in the package's current
one-line synopsis.  Compare the definition of Suggests:
# This is used to declare that one package may be more useful with
# one or more others. Using this field tells the packaging system
# and the user that the listed packages are related to this one and
# can perhaps enhance its usefulness, but that installing this one
# without them is perfectly reasonable.

> Still, the previewing doesn't work well with XEmacs, but that's a
> question of preview.el, not preview.sty (and preview.el is not in the
> latex-preview package).

The issue of whether it "Suggests: emacs" or "emacs | xemacs" is a
separate one.
--
JBR
Ankh kak! (Ancient Egyptian blessing)