Re: [RFR] templates://auctex/{auctex/templates}

Justin B Rye <jbr@edlug.org.uk> wrote:

> No, it means "documents in TeX and related formats".  Is there no
> well-established way of saying that - something like "*TeX", maybe?
> If not, reformulate it as:

I suggest to use just that.

>>   AUCTeX is a comprehensive customizable integrated environment for writing
>>   input files for TeX/LaTeX/ConTeXt/Texinfo using Emacs.
>
> GNU Emacs only (and looking at the docs it seems to be TeX/LaTeX and
> probably not much else).

There's a ConTeXt mode now, too. And Doc mode, which isn't really LaTeX.

>>  Package: preview-latex-style
>>  Architecture: all
>>  Depends: tex-common
>>  Recommends: doc-base
>>  Conflicts: preview-latex (<=0.7.3-2)
>
> Again I disagree with Frank; "embedded" is dead weight here, and "of
> some environments" is just baffling.  Nonetheless, Christian's
> version is no good, since "preview stuff" is a verb phrase.  Try:

That's okay.

> Its dependencies imply this package is useful even with no version
> of emacs installed, but I suspect that again it's specific to GNU
> Emacs.

That's not true, it simply tweaks TeX so that it generates a document
with tiny one-image-pages from your formulas, section headings, figures
etc., and those images can be displayed anywhere (e.g. in a html
document created from the same source).

>> + This package provides style files that enable previewing of equations
>> + or figures in supported LaTeX environments.
>
> It would be really helpful to know whether in fact there are any.
[...]
>     This package provides style files that enable previewing of equations
>     or figures in supported LaTeX environments. It combines folding with
>     in-source previewing to give a true WYSIWYG experience in the source
>     buffer without sacrificing control. This utility comes with its own
>     manual.

s/equations or figures in supported LaTeX environments/equations,
figures or other LaTeX environments/.

Regards, Frank

--
Frank Küster