Re: Request for English debconf template review

MJ Ray wrote:
> Here's my attempt.  Hope I didn't declare too much as "non-key".
> I also saved a bit of space by removing a redundant "modules" then
> lost it again by expanding PAM on first use...

I've only got a couple of suggested further tweaks:

> --- libpam0g.templates.orig	2007-08-29 14:20:06.000000000 +0100
> +++ libpam0g.templates	2007-08-29 14:31:04.000000000 +0100
> - Most PAM-using services that are running at the time of upgrade must be
> - restarted before they can use PAM modules built against this new version
> - of libpam.
> + Most services that use Pluggable Authentication Modules (PAM) need to
> + be restarted to use modules built for this new version of libpam.

(Is that "Most" strictly necessary?  What are the exceptions?)

> - Please check the following list of services detected for restart and
> - correct it if needed. The services are listed by the names of the init
> - scripts in /etc/init.d and must be separated by spaces.  To avoid
> - restarting any services at this time, use an empty list.
> + The following list of services were detected as running now and
> + needing a restart. Please check it and correct if needed.  Services

"The ... list ... were" is awkward number-agreement; drop "list of".
Then eliding the second "it" in "Please check it and correct it" is
a bit dodgy too, and needs changing anyway once we've thrown out the
"list" that the pronoun refers back to.  How about:

   The following services were detected as currently running and needing a
   restart. Please check the list and correct it if needed. Services

I notice that here and in the original there's some inconsistency in
inter-sentence spacing.
--
JBR
Ankh kak! (Ancient Egyptian blessing)