Re: [Pkg-fonts-bugs] ITP: hinting-viewer - tool to view font outline hinting

Mark Brown <broonie@sirena.org.uk> wrote:
> That doesn't scan terribly well for me, even knowing what GTK+ and Cairo
> are.  Perhaps something more like:
>    Tool based on GTK+ and Cairo allowing detailed examination of how the
>    FreeType hinting process is affecting the outline of a font.
> although removing the leading article is making it all fairly unnatural
> for me.

The problem fixed in the above seems unrelated to the missing leading
article.  I can understand why leading articles in the short
description are bad (screws sorting and wastes limited space) but why
avoid them in the long description?

Regards,
Experienced webmaster-developers for hire http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
Also: statistician, sysadmin, online shop builder, workers co-op.