Re: Translation status for debian-installer

Quoting Steve Langasek (vorlon@netexpress.net):
> On Fri, Jan 16, 2004 at 04:47:22PM +0100, Jordi Mallach wrote:
> > On Fri, Jan 16, 2004 at 02:31:10PM +0100, Christian Perrier wrote:
> > > msgmerge?
>
> > Err, no... the problem is splitting the big po into the smaller bits
> > once you finish. How do people do this? Or do they just translate the
> > small po's directly?
>
> You can do this with msgmerge (--compendium, I think?).  I extend the
> same offer as Christian to do this for you, since I've not been doing
> anything else for the team. :)

Yes, this is the --compendium option.

Basically a script like this should do it:

(assume ca-all.po is in current dir which is the CVS top dir)

for i in `find . -type f -name templates.pot`
do
  if [ ! -f `dirname $i`/ca.po ]
  then
    cp `dirname $i`/templates.pot `dirname $i`/ca.po
  fi
  msgmerge -C ca-all.po `dirname $i`/ca.po `dirname $i`/templates.pot
done

And then script something for filling in changelogs.

All this I can do as I wrote....but Steve also can.