Re: Maybe I need a better video card? Editing xorg.conf?

Dear John,

> I found that things work better after applying the Nvidia driver
> install, which also prepares a minimal xorg.conf file. The executable
> file is named:
> NVIDIA-Linux-x86-260.19.44.run
>
> But I didn't do this on Knoppix, only on Slackware 13.37.

Thanks so much for the great idea!  I see on their web site the latest
version is now:
NVIDIA-Linux-x86-275.28.run
(and for 64-bit: NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-275.28.run)

I'm not sure how to integrate this into Knoppix, however, and am concerned
the modified xorg.conf might cause problems when booting on non-Nvidia
machines.  And it adds one more item to the list of things to maintain
every time I upgrade to a new Knoppix version.

I think it would be much simpler to buy a new Knoppix-friendly video card
and let the autoconfig do its thing.

Regards,
Andrew