Re: knoppix 6.7 has many window focus problems

Dear Klaus,

I have been observing these problems, including the lxterminal-logout
window sometimes not getting focus, with metacity because I use the no3d
cheat-code.

As for the root terminal window with random dimensions, that is
lxterminal.  The same thing happens when running running a second (or
third, or fourth, ...) window using ctrl+shift+N or typing lxterminal at
the prompt.  It happens for both root and for knoppix, with one exception:
so far, every window I have opened with the quick launch tool bar shell
icon has been 79x23.

Now, if I run lxterminal from either the command prompt, or from a script,
using "lxterminal --geometry=80x24", it opens mostly 79 column x 23 line
terminals, with a few 81x23.  (And, very rarely, something else.)  In
hopes of isolating the cause, I tried this with rxvt, and always got 80x24
(and, unlike lxterminal, rxvt also allows position parameters, e.g.,
80x24-0+0 for the top-right corner).

By the way, I notice that 6.7.0 knoppix-halt does not unload any modules.
That eliminates the wol problem!  Thanks!

Regards,
Andrew