Re: Please, help Linus install Debian!

Le 25 Juillet 2007 17:45, Dr. Nikolaus Klepp a écrit :

> Form my point of view the main problem is that the distributions
> are not culture-neutral. I dont think that Windows is in any way
> culture neutral.

I agree, but that's not my point. See my answer to Martin.

> I think the battle will be won or lost in the classes, where the
> next generation users are grown. Get them used to Linux, and
> they'll take it for natural. Get them used to Windows, and they'll
> take that for god given. That's the place where the battle is won -
> and thats why things like skolelinux or olpc are so important.

Yes, but Microsoft/Intel also have their cheap computer project.

All I wanted to say is there is place for Knoppix as a LiveCD for
everyone. It would be a fabulous proselytizing tool and I hope this
is taken into consideration by the developer.

Bye for now!