Re: My suggestion for knoppix specific scripts directory

Klaus Knopper wrote:
It's actually easy. At the end of knoppix-autoconfig, a file called
KNOPPIX/knoppix.sh is searched on the CD or DVD, and if present,
executed automatically. You don't need a boot option for this.

In knoppix.sh, you can, for example, write

ln -snf /cdrom/my-scripts/45xsession /etc/X11/Xsession.d/45xsession

which should replace /etc/X11/Xsession.d/45xsession on the unionfs
system by your own version in the uncompressed part.

Thank you! I had almost forgot this file. This is very good for doing some minor translations if no .mo file is existing (no source available where .po file can be used to make .mo file), e.g.:
ln -s /cdrom/KNOPPIX/scripts/knoppix-dma /usr/sbin/knoppix-dma
...and having that translated file in that /cdrom directory.

-tapsa-