Re: Grub option on Debian-style install

>> > Try Boot Magic in XP.
>>
>> What is Boot Magic and what would I use it for?

> http://www.mega-tokyo.com/osfaq2/index.php/Boot Magic Boot Magic is
> the bootloader that comes with the once famous "Partition Magic"
> tool.

I'm using grub, so I'm still unclear why you are mentioning this.

>> As I mentioned, the machine is dual-boot XP and Debian already, it's
>> only knoppix that I want to install (Debian-style).

> In already installed Debian, you can edit  /boot/grub//menu.lst :
> Add, eg.  my .lst file in Sarge

I know how to edit the grub menu.

The original question was that I do not know what knoppix-installer is
going to do to my boot setup - specifically the second option, since
the MBR overwrite seems clear. It hasn't done it yet because I don't
know what it is going to do. That is what I'm asking: what does it do?

What you describe is where I want to get to, but I'm not going to
press the button on the installer until I know what it is going to do.

To repeat:
Clearly, I don't want to overwrite my existing MBR, since I want point
to the scrip in Debian's /boot/grub script. However, I don't know what
will happen should I select the second option. What I actually want to
do is add a knoppix line to my existing grub script.

That's all: what does the second option do?

Cheers,
marc
www.auxbuss.com