Grub option on Debian-style install

Hi,

I want to perform a Debian-style hard disk install of Knoppix v4. The
machine currently has grub as boot-loader with XP and Debian
installed.

When I run the knoppix-installer the boot-loader options are limited
to two:
- MBR
- Partition - to root-partition

Clearly, I don't want to overwrite my existing MBR, since I want point
to the scrip in Debian's /boot/grub script. However, I don't know what
will happen should I select the second option. What I actuallt want to
do is add a knoppix line to my existing grub script.

How should I proceed? And what does the partition option o?

Thanks.

Best,
Marc