Re: Grub option on Debian-style install

On Wed, Sep 28, 2005 at 09:06:56AM +0100, marc wrote:

Hi Marc,

> To repeat:
> Clearly, I don't want to overwrite my existing MBR, since I want point
> to the scrip in Debian's /boot/grub script. However, I don't know what
> will happen should I select the second option. What I actually want to
> do is add a knoppix line to my existing grub script.
>
> That's all: what does the second option do?

Have a look at http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/topic-52621.html (Google
search for "knoppix install bootloader root partition")

It will not touch the MBR, just the partition, so you can point GRUB
there.

Cheers, Heike

--
Heike Jurzik, M.A.                       jurzik@linux-journalist.com
Tel.: +49 177 278 0503               http://www.linux-journalist.com

      Linux-Journalist -- giving you the inside track on Linux