Re: [debian-knoppix] XP won't boot after knoppix 3.4 hdinstall

Joris Huizer sagte:
> Orson Jones wrote:
>> Joris Huizer wrote:
>>
>>> Is there any brute force program to *completely* rewrite everything to
>>> do with the MBR for XP?
>>

>> dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/hda bs=512 count=1
>>
>> Blatantly copied from http://www.linuxgazette.com/issue63/okopnik.html
>>
>> Note this will remove any partition information also.
>>
>> Orson Jones
>
> Thanks that solved the problem that *braindead XP* had.

Did you somehow change the flag of your fat32-partition during
repartitioning? Linux doesn't care if it's flagged as "lba" or something
else, but windoze won't recognize the partition at all if the flag states
the wrong hdd translation type.

I had that problem when windoze once killed the partition table of on of
my hard discs and I chose the wrong flag while recreating it in linux.

HTH,

Tim