Re: [debian-knoppix] XP won't boot after knoppix 3.4 hdinstall

Orson Jones wrote:
Joris Huizer wrote:

Is there any brute force program to *completely* rewrite everything to do with the MBR for XP?

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/hda bs=512 count=1

Blatantly copied from http://www.linuxgazette.com/issue63/okopnik.html

Note this will remove any partition information also.

Orson Jones

Thanks that solved the problem that *braindead XP* had.

I guess we'll buy another harddisk for linux as *windows can't deal with partitions* - thanks to windows we're forced to buy more hardware again...

Thanks to everyone for your help getting out of the mess!

Joris