Re: [debian-knoppix] XP won't boot after knoppix 3.4 hdinstall
Here is an easy way to fix the MBR and/or reset your
Windows XP administrator password using you
1) Open Konqueror and go to:
http://ebcd.pcministry.com/ Download the embc Pro
version. It is less than 18 MB.
2) "apt-get install unrar" as root to install the
utility needed to decompress the RAR archive.
3) Open Konqueror file browser and go to the RAR
archive you downloaded. Right click on it and select
4) "apt-get install wine wine-doc wine-utils
winesetuptk" as root to install wine.
5) Run "winesetup" as regular user and just select
default selections to create "fake windows"
6) Make the ebcd iso image:
7) The above will create an iso called "EBCD060.ISO"
Open k3b and select tools>cd>burn CD image... And burn
8) Reboot the computer with EBCD cd you just created.
You can reset the administrator password or restore
the MBR with easy selections from a menu.
If you already deleted all your partitions, the above
won't help though and you will have to re-install
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Domains ? Claim yours for only $14.70/year
debian-knoppix mailing list