Re: [debian-knoppix] Wireless USB devices in Knoppix 3.4

Adam York wrote:

Fabian,

I wanted to touch base with you on the wireless usb/prism2 issue.  I got
my wusb12 device working with the prism2_usb driver on the latest Knoppix
release.  What sort of problems were you having with yours?  Doing the
following enabled me to get it working:

wlanctl-ng wlan0 lnxreq_ifstate ifstate=enable
wlanctl-ng wlan0 lnxreq_autojoin ssid=myssid authtype=opensystem
ifup wlan0
pump -i wlan0

I have not been able to get it working with WEP.  Maybe I'm just haven't
made the proper adjustments to /etc/wlan/wlancfg-DEFAULT but so far it
only works when I turn off wep.  This is not too good for securing
things.  I can of course limit authentication to certain mac address, but
having just gotten Kismet working with my Orinoco pcmcia card I now see
how easy it is to discover what mac addresses being used on my network.

Take care,

Adam

it would be exceedingly useful to disclose where you gleamed this
infomation from ?

stephen