Re: [debian-knoppix] Wireless USB devices in Knoppix 3.4

Fabian,

Ok, I just assumed that it would work since the card was detected and the
proper module was loaded.  But because of the situation I described in my
essid or wep key while Knoppix was running from the cd.

It would appear however that even if the drivers are broken, there is
still a problem with the way Knoppix is set up to handle wireless usb
devices since  /etc/wlan/wlan.conf is just a symlink to
/KNOPPIX/etc/wlan/wlan.conf.  As you know, nothing in /KNOPPIX/ is
writeable.  Klaus obviously dealt with this issue when it comes to
wireless pcmcia cards since wireless.opts is not a symlink but a writable
file in /etc/pcmcia/.  Shouldn't wlan.conf be likewise placed in
/etc/wlan rather than symlinked to /KNOPPIX/etc/wlan/wlan.conf?  I don't
see how wireless usb devices can be used from the CD without doing this.

Adam