Re: [debian-knoppix] Knoppix the reanimator // what to take out for 3.4

> So what about having two trees of Knoppix in the future? (I know that
> it's double effort for Klaus...)

What is the general philosophy behind Knoppix? I mean, what is the main goal?
Is it something that must satisfy the maximum number of people?
Or is it a tool dedicated to a specific task? (then which one).

I just find it marvellous, and for such decision I far prefer to be in my
position (remastering the Knoppix in French), than in Klaus' ;-) I am
beginning to feel some pressure for adding this or removing that, so I fully
understand what Klaus is feeling, but at a much much lower degree!
It must be difficult for him to receive all these requests, sometimes it is
"put this in Knoppix" without any "would it be possible" nor "please" or
"thank you".

As far as I see, Knoppix tries to be a general Linux distrib, working live-cd
and with a very very good hardware detection. So I think it must a bit of
everything for the softwares, once it has the maximum hardware compatibility.

Speaking of hardware : wifi is becomming more and more used. Which tools are
present in the Knoppix? I have access to a laptop compaq nc6000 with built-in
wifi, so I can test if you need.

Thanks
Yann