Re: [debian-knoppix] Knoppix the reanimator // what to take out for 3.4

On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 08:07:40PM +0200, Yann Cochard wrote:
> > > compelling reasons for not ditching the 2.4 kernel?  I think some (if
> > > not all) of the games should stay - I mention them as some people have
> >
> > Not at all!
>
> I vote for keeping games.

So what about having two trees of Knoppix in the future? (I know that
it's double effort for Klaus...)
We might satisfy both the "power" users (who would like to have
"revival" facilities, virus scanners, benchmarking software and stuff
that would - using hdinstall - allow to get a machine started very
quickly) and the "tryout" users who would probably prefer a broad
overview of Linux software (to see that Linux really covers their needs
and get the "real" version)... this one could probably drop TeX in
favour of OOffice etc.

> I use Knoppix to show people how usable and great Linux is, and for Joe user
> it is very interested to have a few card games and a few puzzles. Tetris-like
> are appreciated too. Frozen Bubble is a must ;-)
> But it is not necessary to have thousands of games, just a few.

By splitting stuff one would perhaps gain 40% more space (since the
overlaps would be there anyway... more or less educated guess).

Just an idea, value unknown (may be less than 2 euro cents)

Steffen