[debian-knoppix] Knoppix the reanimator // what to take out for 3.4

Knoppix brought my laptop back to life as well - got exactly the same
problem, dodgy IDE connector which I tried to get fixed but to no avail
:(

So with Knoppix I was able to use the machine immediately with the live
CD, and then later I installed to an external firewire drive once I'd
learnt how to boot using the CD and pivot_root to the root file system
on sda1.  Try doing that with windows ;)

WRT suggestions on what should go, I too think that one of the office
suites should be dropped (but which one, Koffice?).  Are there
compelling reasons for not ditching the 2.4 kernel?  I think some (if
not all) of the games should stay - I mention them as some people have
said they're unnecessary.  I disagree - they have to be the best way of
getting certain audiences initially interested in Knoppix and GNU/Linux.
BTW on knoppix.net we are now on page 16 of the discussion on what could
be removed
<http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9579&start=225>.

Anyway for me personally, I'll be installing to HD and so can apt-get
install anything missing afterwards - what I'm really after is the new
kernel :)

Cheers everyone, especially Klaus, looking forward to the new Knoppix
when it's *ready* (already I've grown more patient - no more checking
the knoppix.net or the FTP sites every few hours).