Re: [debian-knoppix] knx-hdinstall 0.38 and in a nutshell

#include <hallo.h>
* Gilles Pelletier [Sat, Feb 01 2003, 02:55:50PM]:
> On February 1, 2003 01:16 am, Gilles Pelletier wrote:
>
> > It would be nice to include a little script on the desktop to change the
> > end of lines to CR-LF in files produced with editors.  I've got such a
> > script here, if needed. (mtype -t only does DOS to Unix, apparently.)
>
> Problem solved by Massimiliano Mirra <mmirra@libero.it> who writes:
>
> "FYI, Debian sysutils package contains the dos2unix and unix2dos
> utilities."
>
> I suppose this can easily be included as it's probably not more than a few k
> long. (It's not in my Oct 31st version.)

Wasted space, you can do this with shell functions using iconv. But do
you really want to use this charsets? DOS charset is a CodePage850 for
west-europeans, and some other old Codepage for others localisation
areas where MS-DOS have been sold. Windows charsets are a different
story, the old european is similar to Latin1 (default) with different
line terminator, and should alse be manageable with iconv. But what
about other languages?

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
Ferien auf dem Bauernhof finden nicht nur Kühe doof.