Re: [debian-knoppix] create_compress_fs : too big file !!!

Le Mardi 30 Septembre 2003 17:23, Austin Godber a écrit :
> Klaus Knopper wrote:
> > cared of resolving it so far, it seems. So, hardlinks on a CD-Rom are
> > not hardlinks anymore after being copied to HD.
>
> OK, so if I have a hardlink on the HD partition and then do mkisofs I will end
> up with hardlinks on the newly created ISO.  Its just the copy to HD step that
> hardlinks disappear?   Well, at least we are still able to save the space in the
> end, it just takes effort.

With google "hardlinks iso filesystem" I found this recent kernel.org small thread: (2003-01)
http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0301.1/0664.html

which takes Knoppix CD as an example and 2.5.54 kernel
The problem seems to be known from other gurus, and as far as i understand
the origin of the pb is known... (somewhere in the thread)

I'am not a C programmer, so ... I'm trying to find harlinks and replace them
by symlinks:
# find . -type f -links +1  gives me all the hard links....

> Thanks again, Klaus.  Thanks for Knoppix too, its incredible.
>
> Austin

Austin is  right, thanks again for Knoppix.
Alain