Re: [debian-knoppix] SCO investing in Troll Tech ???

On September 1, 2003 05:07 pm, Chad Page wrote:

> That and for our purposes (X11/KDE) Qt is under the GPL.

Not exactly, as far as I remember. The GPL allows anybody to sell their
product at any price they wish inasmuch as the code remains available for
anyone to modify and share. Thus Mandrake can sell it's clustering version
for 2320 USD.

Neither Mandrake, SuSE or Bed Rat are making much profits at the present time.
Whenever they do, mainly if GNOME was to diasppear someday, couldn't some
small investors ask that Troll Tech get the money they're entitled to? Would
the employees protest against such a move?

I read this licence ffast about 2 years ago and I'm not presently in much of a
state to study it. Maybe somebody can provide better information with