Re: [debian-knoppix] re: Modem problem

Hi Shawn,

Thanks for your advice.

On Fri, 2003-07-25 at 18:14, Shawn Milochik wrote:
> If you are connecting to dial-up in Linux, but there is no actual
> internet connection, then you may have to manually set the gateway in
> your dialer settings.  Dial up in Windows and run "ipconfig" or
> "winipcfg".  Write down the gateway that is shown.  That's the best way
> to get a legitimate gateway for your service.

I will try later as suggested.

> By the way, what service do you use?

Sorry I am not very clear of your question.  The PC used to test knoppix
CD is connected to Internet via ADSL (dialup) with a router modem and
56K modem.  The PC has 2 hard drives, inter-changeable/removable.  One
hard drive has WinXP installed. Another has RH8.0 installed.  Both OSs
can access Internet via either ADSL or 56K modem (winmodem)

B.Regards
Stephen